- Joe Zawinul — 2 ARP 2600, Rhodes electric piano, Yamaha grand piano, Oberheim polyphonic synthesizer
- Wayne Shorter — Selmer soprano and tenor saxophones, Computone Lyricon
- Alphonso Johnson — Fender electric bass, Charles La Boe electric bass (tracks 1,3,4,5,7)
- Jaco Pastorius — Fender Fretless electric bass (tracks 2,6)
- Chester Thompson — Ludwig drums
- Narada Michael Walden — Drums
- Don Alias — Congas and percussion
- Alejandro Neciosup Acuña — LP congas and percussion
The main core of Weather Report was Joe Zawinul and Wayne Shorter. Both worked together when Miles Davis went electric with his music by the end of the 1960s. After Bitches Brew Joe and Wayne set up a new band, called Weather Report.
Black Market is one of my favorites. Alphonso Johnson was about to leave the band and was soon to be replaced by Jaco Pastorius. Narada Michael Walden played on the first track. Really groovy. Barbary Coast, Herandnu and the title track are the highlights on this album.